kdf_333's blog

yeah maybe one day i'll write enough book reviews for a blog but not now.

I use my Shelafri account(http://www.shelfari.com/kdf_333) more for keeping track of the books i've read or want to read. i use Goodreads ( https://www.goodreads.com/kdf_333) more for social networking because a lot of my coworkers use it. I just found out about this site and decided to give it a whirl.

I am an average book loving gal. i love to read fiction. I love mysteries, romance, certain sci-fi, and certain YA. I work at my public library (since 2006) doing a variety of things. I also work at a dress store part time to pay for my addiction of clothes & accessories. From middle school to my first year in college i worked in my school libraries. i only got paid in college. i have to yearly purge my collection of books and get rid of the ones i know i will not read. i keep most of my nonfiction Christian growth books or biographies, and reference material. i also keep my trivia books or personality quiz type books.

that is all for now.

Dragonheart: Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern (The Dragonriders of Pern)

Dragonheart: Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern (The Dragonriders of Pern) - Todd J. McCaffrey TODD MCCAFFREY IS RUINING PERN!

please stop him. dragonheart was not a very good book.

okay so he is telling the story of the dragon riders that went back in time during the dragon plague. fine...poor storytelling. i mean his books are getting worse instead of better. there were so many thing i did not like.

the dialogue was a major issue. the ages of fiona and terin was another one, a lil gross and kinda unbelievable. the needless detail about how they were going to get the weyr up and running. i mean yeah it is nice to know but really so many pages of dialogue were spent on it i got bored. oh and how about the not keeping of the secrets from the future i mean they were blabbing to everyone stuff they should not.

i am sorry it was just so ick. it was supposed to be more of a character story not a lot of action going on, the characters were great ideas but not very realistic or fully formed. i was sooo very disappointed.

i think i should start a petition and send it to todd and anne mccaffrey. i think there are writers out there that would do a much better job at continuing the story of the dragonriders of pern than todd.

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are